Mental Meanderings of a Soul in Progress

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Vacation - the sequel

Yes, I have decided to take a few days off work. I am going to spend some time with my mother, cleaning her house and trying to convince her to move closer to me, and I am also going to spend some time cleaning my own house and trying to convince myself to move closer to myself. Now that may seem like a lot of doubletalk, but there is a thread of sanity in what I am saying. I have allowed my own direction to drift, shying away from realities that are painful. In the process of this drift, I have lost much of my ability to create coherent, readable text. It's strange in a way, that in my drive to protect myself I have removed one of the few real means I have of expressing my thoughts, my passions. The proof of this is in the fact that I have been seated here for at least 20 minutes and have been able to produce 7 fairly simple sentences, none of which address anything threatening, and almost all of which have been edited to remove any feeling. And now, I have to run off yet again, because my time is not my own.

Have you ever felt like you were drowning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home